The AWS SAA-C02 exam preparation guide is designed to provide candidates with necessary information about the AWS-SAA exam. It includes exam summary, sample questions, practice test, objectives and ways to interpret the exam objectives to enable candidates to assess the types of questions-answers that may be asked during the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate exam.
It is recommended for all the candidates to refer the SAA-C02 objectives and sample questions provided in this preparation guide. The AWS-SAA certification is mainly targeted to the candidates who want to build their career in Architect domain and demonstrate their expertise. We suggest you to use practice exam listed in this cert guide to get used to with exam environment and identify the knowledge areas where you need more work prior to taking the actual AWS Solutions Architect Associate exam.
AWS SAA-C02 Exam Summary:
|AWS Solutions Architect Associate (AWS-SAA)|
|Exam Price||$150 USD|
|Number of Questions||65|
|Passing Score||720 / 1000|
|Recommended Training / Books||
AWS Technical Essentials
Architecting on AWS
|Schedule Exam||PEARSON VUE|
|Sample Questions||AWS SAA-C02 Sample Questions|
|Recommended Practice||AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Practice Test|
Design Resilient Architectures - 30%
|Design a multi-tier architecture solution||
- Determine a solution design based on access patterns.
- Determine a scaling strategy for components used in a design.
- Select an appropriate database based on requirements.
- Select an appropriate compute and storage service based on requirements.
|Design highly available and/or fault-tolerant architectures||
- Determine the amount of resources needed to provide a fault-tolerant architecture across Availability Zones.
- Select a highly available configuration to mitigate single points of failure.
- Apply AWS services to improve the reliability of legacy applications when application changes are not possible.
- Select an appropriate disaster recovery strategy to meet business requirements.
- Identify key performance indicators to ensure the high availability of the solution.
|Design decoupling mechanisms using AWS services||
- Determine which AWS services can be leveraged to achieve loose coupling of components.
- Determine when to leverage serverless technologies to enable decoupling.
|Choose appropriate resilient storage||
- Define a strategy to ensure the durability of data.
- Identify how data service consistency will affect the operation of the application.
- Select data services that will meet the access requirements of the application.
- Identify storage services that can be used with hybrid or non-cloud-native applications.
Design High-Performing Architectures - 28%
|Identify elastic and scalable compute solutions for a workload||
- Select the appropriate instance(s) based on compute, storage, and networking requirements.
- Choose the appropriate architecture and services that scale to meet performance requirements.
- Identify metrics to monitor the performance of the solution.
|Select high-performing and scalable storage solutions for a workload||
- Select a storage service and configuration that meets performance demands.
- Determine storage services that can scale to accommodate future needs.
|Select high-performing networking solutions for a workload||
- Select appropriate AWS connectivity options to meet performance demands.
- Select appropriate features to optimize connectivity to AWS public services.
- Determine an edge caching strategy to provide performance benefits.
- Select appropriate data transfer service for migration and/or ingestion.
|Choose high-performing database solutions for a workload||
- Select an appropriate database scaling strategy.
- Determine when database caching is required for performance improvement.
- Choose a suitable database service to meet performance needs.
Design Secure Applications and Architectures - 24%
|Design secure access to AWS resources||
- Determine when to choose between users, groups, and roles.
- Interpret the net effect of a given access policy.
- Select appropriate techniques to secure a root account.
- Determine ways to secure credentials using features of AWS IAM.
- Determine the secure method for an application to access AWS APIs.
- Select appropriate services to create traceability for access to AWS resources.
|Design secure application tiers||
- Given traffic control requirements, determine when and how to use security groups and network ACLs.
- Determine a network segmentation strategy using public and private subnets.
- Select the appropriate routing mechanism to securely access AWS service endpoints or internet-based resources from Amazon VPC.
- Select appropriate AWS services to protect applications from external threats.
|Select appropriate data security options||
- Determine the policies that need to be applied to objects based on access patterns.
- Select appropriate encryption options for data at rest and in transit for AWS services.
- Select appropriate key management options based on requirements.
Design Cost-Optimized Architectures - 18%
|Identify cost-effective storage solutions||
- Determine the most cost-effective data storage options based on requirements.
- Apply automated processes to ensure that data over time is stored on storage tiers that minimize costs.
|Identify cost-effective compute and database services||
- Determine the most cost-effective Amazon EC2 billing options for each aspect of the workload.
- Determine the most cost-effective database options based on requirements.
- Select appropriate scaling strategies from a cost perspective.
- Select and size compute resources that are optimally suited for the workload.
- Determine options to minimize total cost of ownership (TCO) through managed services and serverless architectures.
|Design cost-optimized network architectures||
- Identify when content delivery can be used to reduce costs.
- Determine strategies to reduce data transfer costs within AWS.
- Determine the most cost-effective connectivity options between AWS and on-premises environments.