01. You are designing a mobile chat application. You want to ensure that people cannot spoof chat messages by proving that a message was sent by a specific user. What should you do?
a) Encrypt the message client-side using block-based encryption with a shared key.
b) Tag messages client-side with the originating user identifier and the destination user.
c) Use a trusted certificate authority to enable SSL connectivity between the client application and the server.
d) Use public key infrastructure (PKI) to encrypt the message client-side using the originating user’s private key.
02. Data can be encrypted at different layers of the OSI network stack. Google Cloud may encrypt network data at multiple levels. What protocol is used at layer 7?
03. Which of the following service level measures are considered a legally enforceable contract between the service provider and the service consumer?
04. In May 2018, the EU began enforcement of a new privacy regulation known as the GDPR. This required many companies to change how they manage personal information about citizens of the EU.
This is an example of what kind of change?
a) Individual choice
c) Skills gap
05. Your company is looking to connect their onsite networks to a GCP VPC, in order to dynamically exchange routes between each site. Which service would you advise?
a) Cloud Router
b) Cloud Interconnect
c) External peering
d) Cloud DNS
06. The database administration team has asked you to help them improve the performance of their new database server running on Compute Engine.
The database is used for importing and normalizing the company’s performance statistics. It is built with MySQL running on Debian Linux. They have an n1-standard-8 virtual machine with 80 GB of SSD zonal persistent disk.
What should they change to get better performance from this system in a cost-effective manner?
a) Increase the virtual machine’s memory to 64 GB.
b) Create a new virtual machine running PostgreSQL.
c) Dynamically resize the SSD persistent disk to 500 GB.
d) Migrate their performance metrics warehouse to BigQuery.
07. Your company has made plans to roll out OpenShift, a Kubernetes platform solution offered by IBM Red Hat, across all its on-premises and public cloud environments.
Given that you are the lead architect responsible for your company’s GCP deployments, what type of shared responsibility model will this deployment entail for you?
08. Which Google Cloud Platform database offering is best suited for integration with client-side mobile and web applications, gaming leaderboards, and user presence at global scale?
b) Cloud Memorystore
c) Cloud Bigtable
d) Cloud Firestore
09. Your customer is moving their corporate applications to Google Cloud Platform. The security team wants detailed visibility of all resources in the organization. You use Resource Manager to set yourself up as the org admin.
What Cloud Identity and Access Management (Cloud IAM) roles should you give to the security team?
a) Org viewer, Project owner
b) Org viewer, Project viewer
c) Org admin, Project browser
d) Project owner, Network admin
10. To reduce costs, the Director of Engineering has required all developers to move their development infrastructure resources from on-premises virtual machines (VMs) to Google Cloud Platform.
These resources go through multiple start/stop events during the day and require state to persist. You have been asked to design the process of running a development environment in Google Cloud while providing cost visibility to the finance department.
Which two steps should you take?
a) Use persistent disks to store the state. Start and stop the VM as needed.
b) Use the - -no-auto-delete flag on all persistent disks and stop the VM
c) Apply VM CPU utilization label and include it in the BigQuery billing export.
d) Use Google BigQuery billing export and labels to associate cost to groups
e) Store all state in local SSD, snapshot the persistent disks, and terminate the VM.
f) Store all state in Cloud Storage, snapshot the persistent disks, and terminate the VM.