01. Approximately 5 TB of data is collected daily in Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3). You want to transfer the data daily into Cloud Storage before importing the data into Cloud SQL. You need a reliable solution that takes minimal effort. What should you do?
a) Configure Storage Transfer Service to perform recurring transfers.
b) Configure Cloud Scheduler to run a gsutil job daily to copy the data.
c) Download the data to a local machine, and then use Transfer Appliance.
d) Configure Cloud Scheduler to run a Cloud Function daily to copy the data.
02. You migrated your on-premises MySQL instances to Cloud SQL on Google Cloud. The instances have been functioning as expected for the past six months. You need to optimize costs. What should you do?
a) Review past logs in Cloud Logging to plan virtual machine (VM) resources.
b) Apply the recommendations from the Cloud SQL overprovisioned recommender.
c) Use Query Insights to identify query performance and plan VM resources accordingly.
d) Review utilization on Cloud Monitoring dashboards to plan VM resources.
03. Each developer and tester has an individual Cloud SQL instance for their own learning and experimenting use. The team works from Monday morning to Friday evening. You want to reduce expenditure on Cloud SQL instances with minimal effort. What should you do?
a) Configure high availability for the Cloud SQL instances, and then configure a maintenance window for the Cloud SQL instances.
b) Write a Cloud Function to start and stop the Cloud SQL instances, and use Cloud Scheduler to call the function as required.
c) Create a virtual machine (VM) on Compute Engine, and create a cron job to schedule the start and stop of the Cloud SQL instances.
d) Configure a read replica of each independent Cloud SQL instance, and then configure a maintenance window for the Cloud SQL instances.
04. You have a Cloud SQL instance serving production workloads. Previously, your customers have noticed non-availability issues during maintenance events. You want to minimize the impact of such maintenance issues in the future. What should you do ?
a) Use connection pools.
b) Use exponential backoff.
c) Set the order of update to Later.
d) Remove the maintenance window.
e) Opt in to maintenance notifications.
05. The security policy for a Cloud SQL database dictates that it should only be accessed from VPC networks within Google Cloud. You do not want to enable a public IP address for this instance. What should you do?
a) Configure your VPC with a firewall rule to allow the database's port.
b) Configure authorized networks CIDR with an internal subnet.
c) Configure your VPC with a firewall rule to allow HTTP(S).
d) Configure private services access in your VPC.
06. Analysts in your company have raised concerns about performance and failed queries from the most recent Thursday to Monday. You look at the logs on Tuesday and discover nearly 50 "deadlock detected" errors.
In the future, you want to take a more proactive approach to discovering database issues. What should you do?
a) Export the logs daily to BigQuery, and run a search for "deadlock detected" on the data.
b) Create a Cloud Monitoring metric with "deadlock detected" as the text payload, and set notifications based on it.
c) Create a Cloud Monitoring dashboard, and watch for any issues related to congestion that could indicate a deadlock.
d) Write a Cloud Function to poll the database logs for "deadlock detected" errors, and schedule the Cloud Function to run every hour on Cloud Scheduler.
07. You are building a mobile application that allows end users to upload images. These images need to go through a series of processing steps, including converting to black and white, cropping, and other editing. Your mobile application has a feature that allows end users to notify their followers when they edit images.
You want to create a scalable solution with minimal effort and cost. What should you do?
a) Use Firebase and Compute Engine.
b) Use Cloud Spanner and Cloud Run.
c) Use Bigtable and Cloud Functions for Firebase.
d) Use Firebase and Cloud Functions for Firebase.
08. A Dedicated Interconnect connection exists between your on-premises network and a nearby Google Cloud region. A Bare Metal Solution for Oracle machine has been set up in another region. You want to use the Bare Metal machine's IP address to connect to the Oracle database. What should you do?
a) In your VPC network, set the dynamic routing mode to global.
b) In your VPC network, set the dynamic routing mode to regional.
c) In your VPC network, add a VPC peering connection between the two regions.
d) In your VPC network, add a high availability VPN connection between the two regions.
09. You are creating an application that uses a Cloud SQL database in the backend. The database is installed in a single zone. You need to design a reliable database architecture to ensure high availability (HA). What should you do?
a) Create two separate instances of the database in different regions, and write to each of them separately and simultaneously.
b) Create two separate instances of the database in different zones, and write to each of them separately and simultaneously.
c) Configure an instance for high availability, and fail over to the HA instance if there is a zonal failure.
d) Use Cloud Scheduler to create a new database instance in another zone from a backup if there is an instance failure.
10. You need to export a large Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL instance. The databases in the instance are used heavily in production, and export time is not a concern. You want to conduct the export operation without affecting the performance of the database. What should you do?
a) Use Datastream.
b) Use serverless export.
c) Use Database Migration Service.
d) Use Cloud SQL in high availability (HA) mode.