01. How can you leverage audit logs to monitor access effectively?
a) By disabling all logging processes for increased performance
b) By recording and analyzing all access attempts, actions, and events for auditing and security analysis
c) By granting unrestricted access to all audit logs for simplified management
d) By encrypting all audit logs to ensure confidentiality
02. Which security measure can help protect the host OS from malware and unauthorized code execution?
a) Enabling automatic software updates
b) Implementing regular vulnerability scans
c) Using anti-malware software
d) Applying strict file and process access controls
03. Why is it recommended to minimize the use of GUI elements in a Kubernetes cluster?
a) GUI elements consume excessive system resources
b) GUI elements are prone to security vulnerabilities
c) GUI elements hinder cluster performance
d) GUI elements are not supported in Kubernetes
04. Which tool can be used to assess Kubernetes cluster security against the CIS benchmark?
05. How do container runtime sandboxes contribute to the security of multi-tenant environments?
a) By enforcing strict resource limits for each container
b) By isolating and preventing container escape or privilege escalation
c) By encrypting all container-to-container communication
d) By optimizing container networking for improved performance
06. What is the recommended frequency for scanning container images for known vulnerabilities?
a) Never, as container images are inherently secure and free from vulnerabilities
b) Once at the initial build stage and not necessary afterwards
c) Only when significant updates or changes are made to the container images
d) Regularly and consistently, including during the build and deployment process
07. What is the role of Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) in securing a Kubernetes cluster?
a) It provides secure communication between nodes in the cluster.
b) It encrypts all network traffic within the cluster.
c) It restricts access to the Kubernetes API based on user roles and permissions.
d) It ensures high availability of the cluster by load balancing the API requests.
08. How can behavioral analytics help detect threats within physical infrastructure, apps, networks, data, users, and workloads?
a) By analyzing patterns and anomalies in behavior to identify potential security risks
b) By disabling all network communication within the environment for increased security
c) By granting full administrative privileges to all users and workloads
d) By encrypting all data at rest and in transit for improved confidentiality
09. What is the importance of ensuring the immutability of containers at runtime?
a) To simplify troubleshooting and debugging tasks
b) To optimize resource allocation within the environment
c) To enable seamless communication between containers
d) To prevent unauthorized modifications or tampering of container contents
10. Why is it important to exercise caution when using service accounts in Kubernetes?
a) Service accounts increase the attack surface of the cluster.
b) Service accounts can bypass RBAC policies and gain excessive privileges.
c) Service accounts consume excessive system resources.
d) Service accounts introduce compatibility issues with other Kubernetes components.