The Salesforce DEV-402 exam preparation guide is designed to provide candidates with necessary information about the Platform App Builder exam. It includes exam summary, sample questions, practice test, objectives and ways to interpret the exam objectives to enable candidates to assess the types of questions-answers that may be asked during the Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder exam.
It is recommended for all the candidates to refer the DEV-402 objectives and sample questions provided in this preparation guide. The Salesforce Platform App Builder certification is mainly targeted to the candidates who want to build their career in App Builder domain and demonstrate their expertise. We suggest you to use practice exam listed in this cert guide to get used to with exam environment and identify the knowledge areas where you need more work prior to taking the actual Salesforce Platform App Builder exam.
Salesforce DEV-402 Exam Summary:
|Salesforce Platform App Builder|
Registration fee: $200 USD
Retake fee: $100 USD
|Number of Questions||60|
|Recommended Training / Books||
Trailhead Virtual Bootcamp for Platform App Builder (TVB403)
Certification Preparation for Platform App Builder (CRT403)
Declarative Development for Platform App Builders Extended (DEX-403E)
|Schedule Exam||PEARSON VUE|
|Sample Questions||Salesforce DEV-402 Sample Questions|
|Recommended Practice||Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder Practice Test|
Salesforce Platform App Builder Syllabus:
- Given a scenario, identify the boundaries of declarative customization and the use cases for programmatic customization.
- Identify common scenarios for extending an org using the AppExchange.
- Apply features and capabilities available to restrict and extend object, record, and field access.
- Given a set of business requirements, determine the appropriate sharing solution.
- Identify the features and capabilities available when creating reports, report types, and dashboards.
- Given a set of requirements, determine the appropriate global, object-specific actions and layouts to optimize the Salesforce mobile user experience.
- Describe the customizations and use cases for Chatter.
|Data Modeling and Management||
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate data model.
- Given a scenario, explain the capabilities of the various relationship types and the implications of each on record access, user interface, and reporting.
Given a scenario, determine the considerations when selecting or changing a field data type.
- Explain the capabilities and considerations of the schema builder.
- Given a scenario, determine the options and considerations when importing and exporting data, including the capabilities of external data sources.
|Business Logic and Process Automation||
- Given a scenario, demonstrate the use of formula fields to meet stated business requirements.
- Given a scenario, determine the capabilities, use cases, and implications of roll-up summary fields.
- Given a scenario, demonstrate the use of validation rules to meet stated business requirements.
- Given a scenario, determine the capabilities and use cases for approval processes.
- Given a scenario, determine the capabilities and use cases for workflow, Flow, and Process Builder.
- Given a set of business requirements, recommend a solution to automate business processes while avoiding errors in automation.
- Describe the user interface customization options.
- Demonstrate the capabilities and use cases for custom buttons, links, and actions.
- Given a scenario, determine the declarative options available for incorporating Lightning Components in an application.
- Describe the programmatic customizations available for incorporating custom Lightning Components in an application.
- Given a set of business requirements, recommend a solution for key milestones and considerations when managing the application lifecycle and various types of Sandboxes.
- Given a use case, demonstrate knowledge, viability, and troubleshooting when using change sets.
- Describe the use cases and considerations when using unmanaged and managed packages.
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate deployment plan.