The Salesforce Platform Developer II exam preparation guide is designed to provide candidates with necessary information about the Platform Developer 2 exam. It includes exam summary, sample questions, practice test, objectives and ways to interpret the exam objectives to enable candidates to assess the types of questions-answers that may be asked during the Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II exam.
It is recommended for all the candidates to refer the Platform Developer II objectives and sample questions provided in this preparation guide. The Salesforce Platform Developer 2 certification is mainly targeted to the candidates who want to build their career in Salesforce Developer domain and demonstrate their expertise. We suggest you to use practice exam listed in this cert guide to get used to with exam environment and identify the knowledge areas where you need more work prior to taking the actual Salesforce Platform Developer II exam.
Salesforce Platform Developer II Exam Summary:
|Salesforce Platform Developer II|
|Exam Code||Platform Developer 2|
Registration fee: USD 200
Retake fee: USD 100
|Number of Questions||60|
|Recommended Training / Books||
Prepare for Your Salesforce Platform Developer II Credential
Data Integration Specialist
Advanced Apex Specialist
|Schedule Exam||Kryterion Webassessor|
|Sample Questions||Salesforce Platform Developer II Sample Questions|
|Recommended Practice||Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II Practice Test|
Salesforce Platform Developer II Syllabus:
|Advanced Developer Fundamentals||
- Demonstrate knowledge of localization and multi-currency features and capabilities and how they affect coding.
- Given a scenario, justify using sharing objects and Apex managed sharing.
- Given a scenario, identify best practices for various types of custom metadata and custom settings, and how to implement required solutions.
|Process Automation, Logic, and Integration||
- Given a scenario, identify the considerations of interactions between multiple processes, both declarative and programmatic.
- Given a scenario, propose and justify the optimal programmatic or declarative solution.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the best practices for writing Apex triggers.
- Describe the Apex features available for error handling and maintaining transactional integrity.
- Demonstrate how and where to use advanced keywords in a SOQL query structure.
- Analyze a set of requirements and determine the benefits of using asynchronous Apex coding.
- Given a scenario and requirements, identify the appropriate dynamic Apex feature to use in the solution.
- Given a scenario, identify the appropriate publish / subscribe logic for platform events.
- Given a scenario, apply programmatic integration techniques and platform features for inbound and outbound communication.
- Given requirements and code snippets for a Lightning Web Component or Aura Component and its Apex controller class, analyze and determine necessary changes to the Apex class.
- Identify the techniques for using Visualforce to perform actions, partial page refreshes, and asynchronous operations.
- Given a scenario, identify best practices for displaying errors in the user interface.
- Given a set of requirements, select the appropriate Lightning Web Component, Aura Component, or Visualforce solution and describe its benefits.
- Given a scenario, describe the aspects of Lightning Web Components or Aura Components that can be used to cause elements in a component's markup to display in a responsive manner based on a device's form factor.
- Given a scenario, implement the correct method to communicate events through Lightning Web Components or Aura Components.
- Describe the purpose and benefit of static resources in Visualforce, Lightning Web Components, and Aura Components.
|Testing, Debugging, and Deployment||
- Apply advanced techniques and tools for testing Apex classes and triggers, such as mocks and stubs.
- Given a scenario, Apex code, Apex trigger, or Apex test that is not executing as expected, apply techniques and tools to isolate and identify the root cause.
- Given a scenario, formulate the deployment process, supporting tools, and mechanisms for source-driven development.
- Identify the common performance issues for user interfaces and demonstrate knowledge of techniques and tools to mitigate them.
- Given a scenario, choose the appropriate logic and query structure to maximize application performance and handle large data volumes.
- Analyze a given scenario and determine performance improvements that can be achieved with an asynchronous callout.
- Select scenarios where code reuse is applicable and how the reuse should be implemented.
- Given sample code, identify inefficiencies and demonstrate the ability to resolve them.