The Salesforce ADM-201 exam preparation guide is designed to provide candidates with necessary information about the Administrator exam. It includes exam summary, sample questions, practice test, objectives and ways to interpret the exam objectives to enable candidates to assess the types of questions-answers that may be asked during the Salesforce Certified Administrator exam.
It is recommended for all the candidates to refer the ADM-201 objectives and sample questions provided in this preparation guide. The Salesforce Administrator certification is mainly targeted to the candidates who want to build their career in Administrator domain and demonstrate their expertise. We suggest you to use practice exam listed in this cert guide to get used to with exam environment and identify the knowledge areas where you need more work prior to taking the actual Salesforce Certified Administrator exam.
Salesforce ADM-201 Exam Summary:
|Salesforce Certified Administrator|
|Exam Price||$200 USD|
|Number of Questions||60|
|Recommended Training / Books||
Administration Essentials for New Admins (ADM 201)
Administration Essentials for New Admins and Certification (ADM 201C)
|Schedule Exam||PEARSON VUE|
|Sample Questions||Salesforce ADM-201 Sample Questions|
|Recommended Practice||Salesforce Certified Administrator Practice Test|
Salesforce Administrator Syllabus:
- Describe the information found in the company information (e.g., fiscal year, business hours, currency management, default settings)
- Distinguish between the various UI features that an administrator controls, including the implications (e.g., UI settings, search settings, list views, home page layouts).
- Identify the steps to set up and/or maintain a user (e.g., assign licenses,
reset passwords, and resolve locked user accounts).
- Understand the implications of activating, deactivating, or freezing a user.
|SECURITY AND ACCESS||
- Explain the various organization security controls (e.g., passwords, IP restrictions, identity confirmation, network settings).
- Given a user request scenario, apply the appropriate security controls based on the features and capabilities of the Salesforce sharing model (e.g., organization-wide defaults, roles and the role hierarchy, manual sharing, sharing rules and public groups).
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate use of a custom profile or permission set using the various profile settings and permissions.
- Describe how folders can be used to organize and secure communication templates, dashboards, and reports.
|STANDARD AND CUSTOM OBJECTS||
- Describe the standard object architecture and relationship model.
- Explain how to create, delete, and customize fields and page layouts on standard and custom objects, and understand the implications of deleting fields.
- Given a scenario, determine how to create and assign page layouts, record types and business processes for custom and standard objects.
|SALES AND MARKETING APPLICATIONS||
- Given a scenario, identify the capabilities and implications of the sales process.
- Given a scenario, identify the appropriate sales productivity features using opportunity tools and know when products and Price Books should be used.
- Describe the capabilities of lead automation tools and campaign management.
- Describe the capability of Salesforce Content.
|SERVICE AND SUPPORT APPLICATIONS||
- Describe the capabilities of case management (e.g., case processes, case settings, and case comments).
- Given a scenario, identify how to automate case management (e.g., case assignment, auto-response, escalation, web-to-case, email-to-case, case teams).
- Describe the capabilities of solution management and Salesforce Knowledge.
- Describe the capabilities of the Community application (e.g. Ideas, Answers).
|ACTIVITY MANAGEMENT AND COLLABORATION||
- Describe the capabilities of activity management (e.g., manage tasks, events, public calendars, multi-day events.
- Describe the features of Chatter (e.g., feed, groups, following, security).
- Describe the considerations when importing, updating, transferring, and mass deleting data (e.g., CSV files, field matching, matching types, record IDs, external IDs, duplicate records).
- Given a scenario, identify tools and use cases for managing data (e.g., dataloader, data import wizard).
- Describe the capabilities and implications of data validation tools.
- Describe the different ways to back up data (e.g., weekly data export service, exports, dataloader).
|ANALYTICS - REPORTS AND DASHBOARDS||
- Describe the options available when creating or customizing a report (e.g., report type, report format, fields, summarizing data, filtering data, charting, scheduling, and conditional highlighting).
- Describe the impact of the sharing model on reports.
- Describe the options available when creating and modifying dashboards (e.g., dashboard components, data sources, chart types, scheduling, and running user).
- Describe the capabilities of custom report types.
- Given a scenario, identify the appropriate automation solution based on the capabilities of workflow/process.
- Describe capabilities and use cases for the approval process.
DESKTOP AND MOBILE ADMINISTRATION
- Describe the capabilities of the Salesforce Mobile App.
- Describe the installation and synchronization options of Salesforce Lightning for Outlook.
|- Identify use cases for AppExchange applications.||1%|