01. An architect decides to separate virtual desktops and application servers into separate vSphere clusters to meet security and management requirements.
What are two implications of this design decision?
a) Identical hardware must be procured for all hosts.
b) There will be a reduction in performance.
c) The patching cycles will affect both clusters at the same time.
d) There will be an increase in management overhead.
e) There will be additional licensing and cost requirements for both clusters.
02. A customer has a database cluster with 40/60 read/write ratio and a high IOPs requirement with no contention on an all-flash vSAN cluster.
Which two storage settings should be configured for best performance?
a) IOPs limits enabled
b) RAID 1
c) Deduplication and Compression disabled
d) RAID 5/6
e) Deduplication and Compression enabled
03. An architect has 50 ESXi hosts to deploy and DHCP servers are not allowed on any network. Which automated host deployment method should the architect use?
a) Stateless vSphere Auto Deploy
b) Stateful vSphere Auto Deploy
c) Scripted installation
d) Interactive installation
04. What is a benefit of using a scale-out method for handling vSphere cluster growth?
a) Faster to reach the limit of virtual machines per host
b) Less potential impact to virtual machines during a single host failure
c) An increase in the recovery time objective (RTO) for the cluster
d) An overall reduction in the license costs for the cluster
05. The architect for a large enterprise is tasked with reviewing a proposed design created by a service partner.
Which design elements are expected to be detailed within the physical design section of the documentation?
a) A design diagram illustrating the configuration and specific attributes, such as IP addresses
b) A list of requirements, constraints, and risks
c) A solution architecture diagram with the components and data flow
d) An entity relationship diagram describing upstream and downstream dependencies for specific service components
06. Which of the listed requirements would be classified as a recoverability non-functional requirement?
a) The platform must be integrated with existing change control policies.
b) The platform must be able to support a maximum tolerable downtime (MTD) of 30 minutes.
c) Maintenance windows must be scheduled to take place monthly during an established overnight period.
d) The platform must be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with the exception of scheduled downtime.
07. Which design decision must be included in a design to allow for the deployment of a minimum supported configuration of vCenter High Availability (HA)?
a) A new subnet will be provisioned for vCenter HA services
b) A vSphere cluster will consist of more than three nodes
c) The deployed vCenter Server will be Tiny
d) The vCenter HA network will support a latency of less than 50 ms
08. The storage team at an organization is planning to migrate from an older Fibre Channel storage environment to a new environment using IP-based storage.
Which two switch features or characteristics are appropriate for IP storage networks?
a) Fabric extending devices
b) Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
c) 2:1 or greater bandwidth oversubscription for 10 GbE switches
d) Non-blocking switch
e) Deep or ultra buffered switches
09. Which two statements are true about gathering functional business and application requirements?
a) It focuses on functional requirements with C-level stakeholders
b) It leverages a single set of questions for all stakeholders
c) It might require multiple rounds of stakeholder interviews
d) It builds stakeholder consensus
e) It is a non-iterative process
10. A customer has six hosts available in a cluster. When running at full capacity, all virtual machines can be run on two hosts.
How many hosts can the customer place into maintenance mode at the same time while still providing N+2 resiliency to the cluster?