The Citrix 1Y0-230 exam preparation guide is designed to provide candidates with necessary information about the CCA-N exam. It includes exam summary, sample questions, practice test, objectives and ways to interpret the exam objectives to enable candidates to assess the types of questions-answers that may be asked during the Citrix Certified Associate - Networking (CCA - N) exam.
It is recommended for all the candidates to refer the 1Y0-230 objectives and sample questions provided in this preparation guide. The Citrix CCA-N certification is mainly targeted to the candidates who want to build their career in Networking domain and demonstrate their expertise. We suggest you to use practice exam listed in this cert guide to get used to with exam environment and identify the knowledge areas where you need more work prior to taking the actual Citrix ADC 12 Essentials and Citrix Gateway exam.
Citrix 1Y0-230 Exam Summary:
|Citrix ADC 12 Essentials and Citrix Gateway (CCA-N)|
|Exam Price||$200 USD|
|Number of Questions||64|
|Recommended Training / Books||
CNS-222: Citrix ADC 12.x Essentials and Citrix Gateway (instructor-led training course)
|Schedule Exam||PEARSON VUE|
|Sample Questions||Citrix 1Y0-230 Sample Questions|
|Recommended Practice||Citrix Certified Associate - Networking (CCA - N) Practice Test|
Citrix CCA-N Syllabus:
- Understand the Citrix ADC architecture and functionality.
- Identify Citrix ADC hardware and its components.
- Determine the deployment and licensing options for a given environment.
- Determine how to setup and configure Citrix ADC.
- Determine which networking topology to use with Citrix ADC based on given requirements.
- Determine which interfaces IP address types and VLANS to use during configuration of a given environment.
- Identify which Citrix ADC routing and traffic-handling mode should be used for a given environment.
- Determine how to configure Access Control Lists based on given requirements.
|Citrix ADC Platforms||5%||
- Determine which hardware to use (Citrix ADC platforms MPX, VPX, CPX or SDX) when given a use case.
- Identify the pieces of the multi-tenant structure for Citrix ADC SDX.
- Determine the specific function of the SDX when given various SDX interface allocation scenarios.
- Understand how the high availability (HA) process works on Citrix ADC.
- Determine the appropriate Citrix ADC high availability configuration options, including advanced settings, given a description of an environment.
- Determine which method should be used to manage a Citrix ADC high availability configuration given a scenario.
- Determine how to resolve common high availability issues.
- Identify the Citrix ADC load-balancing role of entities.
- Determine when to use the different load-balancing and monitoring options available on the Citrix ADC.
- Determine how to customize monitoring and service options based on a scenario.
- Determine which method to use to protect and troubleshoot a Citrix ADC loadbalancing configuration based on a given scenario.
- Determine the process and requirement for creating and uploading SSL Certificates.
- Determine how to create SSL virtual servers.
- Determine which SSL deployment to use for a given environment.
- Determine which Citrix ADC configuration settings can prevent a given SSL Exploit.
|Securing the Citrix ADC||7%||
- Determine how to utilize authentication, authorization, and auditing.
- Determine how to configure authentication and authorization on Citrix ADC.
- Determine the components and steps required to secure a Citrix ADC configuration.
- Determine how to utilize admin partitions in a given scenario.
- Determine how to resolve Citrix ADC log issues.
- Determine how to monitor the Citrix ADC environment with Simple Network Management Protocol data.
- Determine how to use AppFlow and Citrix Application Delivery Management features to troubleshoot an issue within Citrix ADC.
- Determine how to use the Citrix Application Delivery Management to troubleshoot a given issue.
- Determine which Citrix ADC troubleshooting tool to use to identify a given issue in an environment.
- Determine a given Citrix Gateway feature's role for application delivery.
- Determine how to configure Citrix Gateway in a given environment.
|AppExpert Expressions and Policies||5%||
- Determine the appropriate policy expression structure of AppExpert to be used for a given environment.
- Determine how to configure pattern sets and URL sets for a given environment.
- Determine how to utilize policy bind points for a given environment.
|Authentication, Authorization and Policies||9%||
- Determine which type of Citrix Gateway policy to use based on a scenario.
- Determine the steps in Authentication process to establish identity.
- Determine the steps in Authorization process to provide access to resources.
- Determine how to customize multi-factor authentication.
- Determine how to deploy Authentication and Authorization policies.
|Managing Client Connections||7%||
- Determine how to configure Citrix Gateway plug-in with Citrix Receiver to establish VPN.
- Determine how to configure the access level and which applications users are allowed to access in the secure network.
- Determine how to configure pre-authentication policies and profiles to check for client-side security before users are authenticated.
- Determine how to deploy Citrix Gateway to allow user connections, including logon options.
|Integration for Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops||9%||
- Determine how to integrate Citrix Gateway with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops.
- Determine how to integrate with StoreFront.
- Determine how to enable Clientless Access and Receiver for ICA Proxy.
- Determine how to configure SmartControl for a given scenario.
- Determine how to configure SmartAccess for a given scenario.
|Configuring Citrix Gateway||7%||
- Determine how to configure Citrix Gateway applications based on given requirements.
- Determine how to configure RDP Proxy for a given environment.
- Determine how to configure portal themes for a given environment.
- Determine how to configure footer customizations for a given environment.
Recommended Knowledge and Skills for 1Y0-230:
|- Basic Networking|
|- Windows and Linux Server administration|
|- Experience with Citrix virtualization technologies, such as Citrix Virtual Apps/Desktops and StoreFront|
|- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server or enterprise database servers|
|- Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy|
|- Basic understanding of Microsoft Remote Desktop Services|
|- Basic understanding of VPN concepts, including SSL encryption and certificates|
Recommended Product Experience for 1Y0-230:
|- Citrix ADC|
|- Citrix Gateway|
|- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops|
|Type of Candidate||Time Limits*||Notes|
|Native English speakers||90 minutes|
Non-native English speakers that take the exam in countries where English is a foreign language
+30 minutes (time extension)
|Time extension granted automatically|
Non-native English speakers that take the exam in countries where English is NOT a foreign language
+30 minutes (time extension)
Must request time extension from Citrix.