We have prepared HashiCorp Certified Vault Operations Professional certification sample questions to make you aware of actual exam properties. This sample question set provides you with information about the HashiCorp Security Automation exam pattern, question formate, a difficulty level of questions and time required to answer each question. To get familiar with HashiCorp Certified Vault Operations Professional exam, we suggest you try our Sample HashiCorp Security Automation Certification Practice Exam in simulated HashiCorp certification exam environment.
To test your knowledge and understanding of concepts with real-time scenario based questions, we strongly recommend you to prepare and practice with Premium HashiCorp Vault Operations Professional Certification Practice Exam. The premium certification practice exam helps you identify topics in which you are well prepared and topics in which you may need further training to achieving great score in actual HashiCorp Certified Vault Operations Professional exam.
HashiCorp Vault Operations Professional Sample Questions:
01. What metrics should you monitor to ensure Vault is performing within expected parameters?
a) CPU temperature, system uptime, and network latency
b) Network traffic, disk space, and user sessions
c) Authentication errors, secret engine usage, and audit logs
d) CPU usage, memory usage, and disk I/O
02. An internal compliance initiative has been adopted at your organization, and the head of the compliance team is interested in how Sentinel can integrate with Vault. Sentinel can provide a rich set of access control functionality that goes beyond the standard Vault ACL policies.
What are the two additional policy types that can be used with Sentinel?
a) Secret Governing Policies (SGPs) and Authentication Governing Policies (AGPs)
b) Role Governing Policies (RGPs) and Endpoint Governing Policies (EGPs)
c) Extended Governance Policies (EGPs) and Token Governing Policies (TGPs)
d) Functional Governance Policies (FGPs) and Path-Based Governing Policies (PGPs)
03. How can you enable and configure performance replication in Vault Enterprise?
a) By using the Vault UI dashboard
b) By editing the Vault configuration files on the server
c) By using the Vault API and CLI commands
d) By configuring replication in a third-party tool or service
04. Many organizations are moving to host applications in Kubernetes clusters. When it comes to Vault, it is important to understand additional considerations when hosting services in a container-based environment.
Which of the following items is NOT a recommended step to mitigate potential security vulnerabilities when running Vault on Kubernetes?
a) Ensure mlock is enabled
b) Ensure end-to-end encryption using TLS certificates
c) Ensure the Vault process is not running as the root user
d) Offload TLS by ensuring that traffic is terminated at load balancers
05. Due to an internal compliance audit at your client Binford Tools, they have contacted you about performing a rotate and rekey in their Vault environment. They are unsure if and when they will need their current unseal keys during these processes. Select the statement below that is true regarding the rotate and rekey process.
a) Both the rekey and rotate processes will require a threshold of key holders.
b) Neither process requires a threshold of key holders if you are logged in as a root token
c) The rekey operation requires a threshold of key holders. The rotate operation does NOT require a threshold of key holders.
d) The rekey operation requires sudo privileges on the root-protected path. However, the rotate operation requires a threshold of key holders.
06. What is the advantage of implementing integrated storage for open source and Enterprise Vault?
a) Improved performance and scalability
b) Better security and access control
c) Simplified backup and disaster recovery
d) Enhanced audit logging and reporting
07. The Vault Agent allows for the use of "auto-auth", which allows the agent to authenticate, retrieve a Vault token, and manage the token lifecycle with the configured method. Which of the following auto-auth methods is ***NOT*** a valid option for the Vault Agent to use during authentication to Vault?
08. Your management team has approached you regarding the Vault environment at your organization. They recently heard something about an "auto unseal" feature, and what options are available to enable it. Which of the following options is NOT a supported method for auto unseal?
b) Cloud Key Management services like AWS KMS or Azure Key Vault
c) Vault's Transit Secret Engine
d) Hardware Security Module (HSM)
09. Your organization is currently using Vault's KV store to consolidate secrets and sensitive data accessed by applications and users across the organization. Right now, the KV version 1 secrets engine is being used, but multiple Vault consumers are requesting you to add versioning capabilities to the KV secrets engine.
How can you add versioning to the KV store while minimizing the impacts to existing clients?
a) Enable a KV V2 secrets engine at the same path as the existing KV Version 1 store. This will allow clients to start taking advantage of versioning capabilities.
b) KV does not support versioning and is not a capability that can be added.
c) Enable a new KV Version 2 secrets engine on a new path. Use the vault move command to migrate all of the data from the old path to the new path.
d) Upgrade the KV store to KV Version 2 using the command kv enable-versioning /path
10. How can you monitor Vault telemetry?
a) By reviewing Vault audit logs
b) By using third-party monitoring tools
c) By querying the Vault API
d) By monitoring system resources on the Vault server
Note: Please update us by writing an email on email@example.com for any error in HashiCorp Certified Vault Operations Professional certification exam sample questions