The Salesforce MCES exam preparation guide is designed to provide candidates with necessary information about the Marketing Cloud Email Specialist exam. It includes exam summary, sample questions, practice test, objectives and ways to interpret the exam objectives to enable candidates to assess the types of questions-answers that may be asked during the Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Email Specialist exam.
It is recommended for all the candidates to refer the MCES objectives and sample questions provided in this preparation guide. The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Specialist certification is mainly targeted to the candidates who want to build their career in Marketing Cloud domain and demonstrate their expertise. We suggest you to use practice exam listed in this cert guide to get used to with exam environment and identify the knowledge areas where you need more work prior to taking the actual Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Specialist exam.
Salesforce MCES Exam Summary:
|Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Specialist (MCES)|
Registration fee: USD 200
Retake fee: USD 100
|Number of Questions||60|
|Recommended Training / Books||Email Essentials (EEB101)|
|Schedule Exam||PEARSON VUE|
|Sample Questions||Salesforce MCES Sample Questions|
|Recommended Practice||Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Email Specialist Practice Test|
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Specialist Syllabus:
|Email Marketing Best Practices||
- Given a customer scenario, evaluate the elements and techniques of email marketing to design an effective email campaign.
- Given a customer scenario, recognize situations where legal compliance may be an issue during an email campaign.
- Given a customer scenario, differentiate elements of an email that can impact message deliverability.
- Given a customer scenario, demonstrate appropriate and effective subscriber acquisition methodologies.
- Given a customer scenario, apply best practices of communicating with a population.
|Email Message Design||
- Given a customer scenario, recommend email design best practices to implement.
- Given the desired output functionality, recommend methods for creating responsive emails.
- Given the desired output requirements, recommend strategies to A/B test email elements.
- Given a desired sending process, recommend Marketing Cloud tools to use when preparing an email for send.
- Given an email message design, determine the correct use of Approvals.
|Content Creation and Delivery||
- Given a scenario, create and customize an email message to meet a customer's need.
- Given a scenario, send and deploy an email campaign to meet the customer requirement.
- Given a scenario, know how to manage content needed to deploy a customer’s email campaign.
- Describe various send capabilities in the Email application.
- Given a customer scenario, recommend the appropriate marketing automation solution.
- Given a scenario to manage customer data, configure the appropriate marketing automation tools.
|Subscriber and Data Management||
- Given the desired output requirements, set up Subscriber Lists and Data Extensions in the Marketing Cloud.
- Given a customer's business requirements, determine how to import data into Marketing Cloud as per best practices.
- Given a customer's business requirements, configure segmentation tools to accurately model subscribers and data.
- Given a customer scenario, recommend the marketing unsubscribe subscription management solution that meets the requirement based on customer frequency, permission, and preferences.
|Tracking and Reporting||
- Given a customer scenario, explain the different metrics available for email campaigns and what each one means.
- Given an email campaign, describe the steps involved to analyze the performance results.
- Given a need to run reports, configure and run Marketing Cloud ad hoc and automated reports.