The Salesforce User Experience (UX) Designer exam preparation guide is designed to provide candidates with necessary information about the User Experience (UX) Designer exam. It includes exam summary, sample questions, practice test, objectives and ways to interpret the exam objectives to enable candidates to assess the types of questions-answers that may be asked during the Salesforce Certified User Experience Designer exam.
It is recommended for all the candidates to refer the User Experience (UX) Designer objectives and sample questions provided in this preparation guide. The Salesforce User Experience (UX) Designer certification is mainly targeted to the candidates who want to build their career in Salesforce Designer domain and demonstrate their expertise. We suggest you to use practice exam listed in this cert guide to get used to with exam environment and identify the knowledge areas where you need more work prior to taking the actual Salesforce Certified User Experience Designer exam.
Salesforce User Experience (UX) Designer Exam Summary:
|Salesforce Certified User Experience Designer|
|Exam Code||User Experience (UX) Designer|
Registration fee: USD 200
Retake fee: USD 100
|Number of Questions||60|
|Recommended Training / Books||
Prepare for Your UX Designer Credential
Salesforce User Experience Designer Certification Prep
|Schedule Exam||Kryterion Webassessor|
|Sample Questions||Salesforce User Experience (UX) Designer Sample Questions|
|Recommended Practice||Salesforce Certified User Experience Designer Practice Test|
Salesforce User Experience (UX) Designer Syllabus:
- Provided with a set of business requirements, determine which research methodology and tools should be used to design a solution.
- Given a scenario, demonstrate how to gather requirements and plan strategy given current user experiences.
- Describe key Salesforce UX personas and which processes they normally do.
- Given a scenario, describe how Salesforce can add value to user experiences.
- Given a scenario, identify which UX method should be used to define a user experience.
- Describe the impact of corporate branding and styling.
- Describe key design principles and tools that define an accessible and engaging experience.
- Describe mobile UX design fundamentals.
- Given a scenario, determine how to incorporate human-centered design into a customer solution.
- Explain the importance of inclusive design.
- Given a scenario, describe how core Salesforce objects function, how that can affect the user experience, and when to use and customize them.
- Given a scenario, describe declarative features that improve information presentation, hierarchy, and architecture in static experiences.
- Given a scenario, describe declarative features that improve user efficiency over a series of steps.
- Given a scenario, determine which global Salesforce configuration to use for optimized user flow.
- Given a scenario, determine options for users to access onboarding, support, and learning.
- Given a scenario, describe how to apply branding to a solution.
- Given a scenario, plan methods for validating and testing a design with the end-user.
- Describe testing techniques needed for optimal user experiences.
- Given a scenario, evaluate and manage design changes.
|Salesforce Lightning Design System (SLDS)||
- Describe SLDS and its purpose.
- Given a scenario, determine out-of-the-box design and configuration consistent with the look and feel of Lightning Experience.
- Given a scenario, utilize SLDS to create new and customized component functionality.