01. Scenario: A Citrix Architect needs to implement Desktops in an environment. The Customer Service team processes credit card information in Web applications. A Payment Card Industry (PCI) audit determines that processes that can run on a Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA) machine are controlled through the use of whitelisting.
Which method would be an appropriate fit for the environment, based on the requirements?
a) Citrix Secure Browser
b) NTFS Permissions
c) Microsoft App-V
d) Citrix Workspace Environment Management
02. What are three considerations for using thin clones with Machine Creation Services?
a) Higher storage space requirements than full clones.
b) Relatively difficult to backup or restore compared to full clones.
c) Slower provisioning speed compared to full clones.
d) Slower performance than full clones.
e) Higher storage impact during a boot storm.
03. Scenario: A Citrix Architect needs to design a new Desktops environment for a client who does NOT currently have a Citrix environment. The project scope has NOT yet been determined, and the architect is about to start the Assess phase of the project.
In which order should the architect complete the four tasks of a typical assessment when following the Citrix methodology?
a) Define the organization, Define the user groups, Define the applications, Define the project team.
b) Define the user groups, Define the applications, Define the organization, Define the project team.
c) Define the project team, Define the organization, Define the user groups, Define the applications.
d) Define the organization, Define the project team, Define the user groups, Define the applications.
04. Scenario: A Citrix Architect needs to design a new Virtual Apps and Desktops environment for a manufacturing company. During the project kickoff meeting, the organization states the following business priorities:
“All of our employees in our manufacturing plants and offices will be connected to the environment. We want to maintain control over our entire IT environment, but need to decrease the overall costs and management burden of supporting our existing use cases.
Most of our employees use relatively simple applications, but a small team of engineers requires access to a graphic-intensive design and drafting application for their work.”
Which three design decisions will align with the stated business drivers?
a) A multi-Site architecture and disaster recovery plan will be required.
b) Single image management solution should be included in the design.
c) Server OS Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA) machines should be used to increase user density per machine.
d) HDX 3D Pro should be incorporated into the design.
e) SmartAccess and SmartControl should be implemented for the environment.
f) Citrix Hypervisor should be used for graphic-intensive applications.
05. Scenario: A Citrix Architect is configuring a Citrix Profile Management solution for a customer. The customer has two file servers, each hosting the profile folders for three different user groups.
Review the Exhibit on the right for details about the configuration.
The customer wants to use: \\Workspace\Profiles\#l# as the profile location. The architect should configure __________ and __________ to achieve the desired result.
(Choose the correct option to complete the sentence.)
a) DFS-Replication; user variables
b) DFS-Replication; Active Directory attributes
c) Load balancing; user variables
d) DFS namespace; user variables
e) DFS namespace; Active Directory attributes
f) Load balancing; Active Directory attributes
06. A Citrix Architect needs to conduct a capabilities assessment for an organization that wants to design and build a new Virtual Apps and Desktops environment.
Which four capabilities will directly influence whether the existing Citrix administrative team will have the capacity to support the new environment?
a) Network architecture
b) Current backup solutions
c) Users and applications
d) Existing Virtual Apps and Desktops environments
e) Training and certifications of support staff and users
f) Current storage solutions
g) Image management processes
07. Scenario: A Citrix Architect is using LDAP as single-factor authentication. The architect is migrating the environment to Citrix Cloud and wants to retain the same authentication procedure for Virtual Apps and Desktops service in Citrix Cloud.
Which deployment strategy should the architect use for Citrix ADC and StoreFront to ensure that the solution reduces management overhead without incurring additional costs?
a) Use Citrix Cloud Citrix Gateway service and on-premises StoreFront.
b) Set up a new Citrix ADC VPX instance and StoreFront on-premises.
c) Use Citrix Cloud Citrix Gateway service and Citrix Cloud Workspace.
d) Set up Citrix ADC with bring-your-own license (BYOL) and StoreFront in a public cloud.
08. Scenario: The IT team of a company needs to migrate to Microsoft Azure and has asked a Citrix Architect for a solution that offers protection from datacenter level failures.
What should the architect recommend the IT team create in Microsoft Azure?
a) Availability set with update domain
b) Availability set with fault domain
c) Resource group
d) Availability zones
09. Scenario: A Citrix Architect needs to design a new Virtual Apps and Desktops environment. The customer previously installed all applications locally on managed laptops and desktops but is willing to evaluate other application delivery methods as part of the new deployment.
The environment will be standardized on Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 for the Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA) machines. As part of an application analysis performed earlier in the project, the information in the Exhibit was collected regarding one of the required applications.
Click the Exhibit button to view the information.
Additionally, the customer has the following objectives:
- Minimize the number of images that must be managed.
- Utilize zero clients as endpoints in order to reduce costs.
Which application delivery method should the architect use for the application?
a) The application should be streamed to a VDA machine using Microsoft App-V and accessed through a virtual desktop session.
b) The application should be installed on an Application Layer using Citrix App Layering, be included in a layered image, and accessed through a virtual desktop session.
c) The application should be installed on an Application Layer using Citrix App Layering then be presented to assigned users as an Elastic Layer during a virtual desktop session.
d) The application should be installed directly on a Server OS VDA machine and accessed from the endpoint as a published application.
e) The application should be installed directly on endpoint devices and included in a virtual desktop session using the Local App Access feature.
10. Scenario: A Citrix Architect needs to implement a new Desktops environment for an engineering company. The IT department has purchased 1,000 Desktops Enterprise licenses.
They will deploy Microsoft Office productivity applications to all users. Users access Virtual Apps sessions from company offices using thin client devices and remotely through Citrix Gateway using personal devices. The company requires IT to produce a report of all Virtual Apps connection failures for the previous year.
Which two actions does the architect need to take to support these requirements?
a) Purchase Desktops Platinum licenses.
b) Purchase Citrix Gateway Universal licenses.
c) Configure GroomSessionsRetentionDays to 365 days.
d) Implement Citrix ADC Application Delivery Management.
e) Configure Groom Failures Retention Days to 365 days.