The Citrix 1Y0-A22 exam preparation guide is designed to provide candidates with necessary information about the CCAA - XenApp 6 exam. It includes exam summary, sample questions, practice test, objectives and ways to interpret the exam objectives to enable candidates to assess the types of questions-answers that may be asked during the Citrix Certified Advanced Administrator for XenApp 6 (CCAA - XenApp 6) exam.
It is recommended for all the candidates to refer the 1Y0-A22 objectives and sample questions provided in this preparation guide. The Citrix CCAA - XenApp 6 certification is mainly targeted to the candidates who want to build their career in Virtualization domain and demonstrate their expertise. We suggest you to use practice exam listed in this cert guide to get used to with exam environment and identify the knowledge areas where you need more work prior to taking the actual Citrix XenApp 6.5 Advanced Administration exam.
Citrix 1Y0-A22 Exam Summary:
|Citrix XenApp 6.5 Advanced Administration (CCAA - XenApp 6)|
|Exam Price||$150 USD|
|Number of Questions||46|
|Recommended Training / Books||CXA-301: Citrix XenApp 6.5 Advanced Administration|
|Schedule Exam||PEARSON VUE|
|Sample Questions||Citrix 1Y0-A22 Sample Questions|
|Recommended Practice||Citrix Certified Advanced Administrator for XenApp 6 (CCAA - XenApp 6) Practice Test|
Citrix CCAA - XenApp 6 Syllabus:
|Maintaining Data and Server Integrity||21%||
- Determine when to perform data store maintenance to maintain data store integrity.
- Based on a scenario, determine how to back up and/or repair a Web Interface site.
- Identify valid reasons to migrate a data store database from a Microsoft SQL Express 2008 R2 to a Microsoft SQL Server database.
- Identify the methods and process to secure a XenApp 6.5 environment using Access Gateway.
- Determine how to create high availability for Web Interface.
- Given stated requirements, determine which actions to perform in order to maintain the server.
|Monitoring and Managing the Environment||21%||
- Based on a scenario, determine which services should be monitored to meet the requirements.
- Determine how to configure monitoring of the network for a given environment.
- Determine how to configure clients centrally using the ICAClient.ADM template.
- Given a scenario and possibly necessary reports, identify the root cause of issues in the environment.
- Given an EdgeSight report, interpret the results for the XenApp 6.5 environment.
- Describe how to configure alerts for XenApp monitoring through EdgeSight.
- Determine how to deploy and/or send updates to clients centrally using Merchandising Server.
- Given a configuration log or XenApp log data, identify what the information means in the XenApp 6.5 environment.
|Scaling the Environment to Meet Business Needs||17%||
- Determine how to define the user experience based on stated requirements.
- Based on a scenario, determine how to configure printer management to meet stated needs.
- Based on a scenario, determine how to configure farm management to meet stated needs.
- Based on a scenario, determine how to configure multi-farm sites, high availability, fault tolerance and/or disaster recovery for a XenApp 6.5 environment.
- Given a scenario, determine when to use provisioning and/or cloning options for a XenApp 6.5 environment.
- Based on a scenario or stated requirements, determine how to configure worker groups to meet the needs of the environment.
|Optimizing the Environment||11%||
- Given a scenario, determine how to optimize the network by enhancing bandwidth.
- Given a scenario, optimize the network for a XenApp 6.5 environment, taking QoS into consideration.
- Based on stated requirements, determine how to configure XenApp to integrate with another Citrix product and/or non-Citrix virtualization platform.
- Determine the impact of using session prelaunch [options] and/or session lingering.
- Given a description of a troubleshooting problem, identify the components that use IMA that could be related to the problem.
- Based on a scenario, determine which part of the IMA communication process is malfunctioning.
- Based on a scenario describing an IMA startup issue, determine what is causing the issue.
- Determine how to troubleshoot general (HDX/ICA) connectivity issues having to do with application launch and/or enumeration.
- Given a scenario describing an issue with ICA connectivity, determine what the access control settings should be for Web Interface.
- Given a scenario, determine how to troubleshoot client performance.
- Given a description of an issue, determine how to troubleshoot Web Interface.
- Given a described printing issue, determine how to resolve it.
- Based on a scenario, determine how to troubleshoot applications including using external tools when appropriate.
- Based on a scenario, determine how to troubleshoot an application streaming issue.
- Based on a given scenario, determine what is causing the HDX policy issue.
- Given a scenario in which a resultant policy is displayed or described, determine the factors leading to the resultant policy.
- Given a scenario, determine what is causing session prelaunch and/or session lingering to malfunction.
Recommended Knowledge and Skills for CCAA XenApp:
|Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2|
|Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory 2008|
|Intermediate network administration skills, including the ability to:||
- Create users, manage permissions and manage administer rights
- Configure operating system options
- Configure protocols (TCP/ICA)
- Administer firewalls
- Create shares and give access to shared folders/files
- Administer e-mail and account creation
|Basic knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server database administration|
|Experience using Microsoft PowerShell when working with XenApp|
Recommended Product Experience for CCAA XenApp:
|Monitoring and managing a XenApp 6 or 6.5 environment|
|Scaling a XenApp 6 or 6.5 environment to meet business needs|
|Maintaining data and server integrity|
|Optimizing a XenApp 6.5 environment including:||
- Using Citrix Access Gateway
- Using Citrix EdgeSight
- Optimizing the network
|Troubleshooting a XenApp 6 or 6.5 environment|
|Type of Candidate||Time Limit|
|Native English speakers||210 minutes|
|NonNative English speakers||240 minutes|