The Salesforce DEV-402 exam preparation guide is designed to provide candidates with necessary information about the Platform App Builder exam. It includes exam summary, sample questions, practice test, objectives and ways to interpret the exam objectives to enable candidates to assess the types of questions-answers that may be asked during the Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder exam.
It is recommended for all the candidates to refer the DEV-402 objectives and sample questions provided in this preparation guide. The Salesforce Platform App Builder certification is mainly targeted to the candidates who want to build their career in App Builder domain and demonstrate their expertise. We suggest you to use practice exam listed in this cert guide to get used to with exam environment and identify the knowledge areas where you need more work prior to taking the actual Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder exam.
Salesforce DEV-402 Exam Summary:
|Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder|
|Exam Price||$200 USD|
|Number of Questions||60|
|Recommended Training / Books||
Declarative Development for Platform App Builders (DEV402)
Certification Preparation for Platform App Builder (CRT-402)
|Schedule Exam||PEARSON VUE|
|Sample Questions||Salesforce DEV-402 Sample Questions|
|Recommended Practice||Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder Practice Test|
Salesforce Platform App Builder Syllabus:
- Describe the capabilities of the core CRM objects in the Salesforce schema.
- Given a scenario, identify the boundaries of declarative customization and the use cases for programmatic customization.
- Identify common scenarios for extending an org using the AppExchange.
|DATA MODELING AND MANAGEMENT||
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate data model.
- Describe the capabilities of the various relationship types and the implications of each on record access, user interface, and reporting.
- Identify the considerations when changing a field's type.
- Given a set of requirements, identify the considerations and select the appropriate field type.
- Describe the capabilities and considerations of the schema builder.
- Describe the options and considerations when importing and exporting data.
- Describe the capabilities of and use cases for external objects.
- Describe the features and capabilities available to restrict and extend object, record, and field access.
- Given a set of business requirements, determine the appropriate sharing solution.
|BUSINESS LOGIC AND PROCESS AUTOMATION||
- Describe the capabilities of and use cases for record types.
- Describe the capabilities of and use cases for formula fields.
- Describe the capabilities of, use cases for, and implications of roll-up summary fields.
- Describe the capabilities of and use cases for validation rules.
- Describe the capabilities of and use cases for approval processes.
- Describe the capabilities of and use cases for workflow, visual workflow, and Process Builder.
- Given a set of business requirements, recommend a solution to automate business processes.
- Describe the ramifications of field updates and the potential for recursion.
|- Describe the capabilities of and use cases for social features.||3%|
- Describe the user interface customization options.
- Describe the capabilities of and use cases for custom buttons, links, and actions
- Describe the declarative options available for incorporating Lightning Components in an application.
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate user interface design.
|REPORTING||- Describe the features and capabilities available when creating reports, report types, and dashboards.||5%|
- Describe the declarative customization options available for the Salesforce mobile application user interface.
- Given a set of requirements, determine the appropriate global and objectspecific actions and action layouts to optimize the Salesforce mobile application user experience.
- Describe the key milestones and considerations when managing the application lifecycle.
- Describe the differences between and considerations when using the various types of sandboxes.
- Describe the capabilities of and considerations when using change sets.
- Describe the use cases of and considerations when using unmanaged packages.
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate deployment plan.