The Citrix 1Y0-240 exam preparation guide is designed to provide candidates with necessary information about the CCA-N exam. It includes exam summary, sample questions, practice test, objectives and ways to interpret the exam objectives to enable candidates to assess the types of questions-answers that may be asked during the Citrix Certified Associate - Networking (CCA - N) exam.
It is recommended for all the candidates to refer the 1Y0-240 objectives and sample questions provided in this preparation guide. The Citrix CCA-N certification is mainly targeted to the candidates who want to build their career in Networking domain and demonstrate their expertise. We suggest you to use practice exam listed in this cert guide to get used to with exam environment and identify the knowledge areas where you need more work prior to taking the actual Citrix ADC 12 Essentials and Traffic Management exam.
Citrix 1Y0-240 Exam Summary:
|Citrix ADC 12 Essentials and Traffic Management (CCA-N)|
|Exam Price||$200 USD|
|Number of Questions||68|
|Recommended Training / Books||CNS 220 Citrix ADC Essentials and Traffic Management|
|Schedule Exam||PEARSON VUE|
|Sample Questions||Citrix 1Y0-240 Sample Questions|
|Recommended Practice||Citrix Certified Associate - Networking (CCA - N) Practice Test|
Citrix CCA-N Syllabus:
- Understand the Citrix ADC architecture and functionality.
- Identify Citrix ADC hardware and its components.
- Determine the deployment and licensing options for a given environment.
- Determine how to setup and configure Citrix ADC.
- Determine which networking topology to use with Citrix ADC based on given requirements.
- Determine which interfaces IP address types and VLANS to use during configuration of a given environment.
- Identify which Citrix ADC routing and traffic-handling mode should be used for a given environment
- Determine how to configure Access Control Lists based on given requirements.
|Citrix ADC Platforms||4%||
- Determine which hardware to use (Citrix ADC MPX, VPX, CPX or SDX) when given a use case.
- Identify the pieces of the multi-tenant structure for Citrix ADC SDX.
- Determine the specific function of the SDX when given various SDX interface allocation scenarios
- Understand how the high availability (HA) process works on Citrix ADC.
- Determine the appropriate Citrix ADC high availability configuration options, including advanced settings, given a description of an environment.
- Determine which method should be used to manage a Citrix ADC high availability configuration given a scenario.
- Determine how to resolve common high availability issues.
- Identify the Citrix ADC load-balancing role of entities.
- Determine when to use the different load-balancing and monitoring options available on the Citrix ADC.
- Determine how to customize monitoring and service options based on a scenario.
- Determine which method to use to protect and troubleshoot a Citrix ADC load-balancing configuration based on a given scenario.
- Determine the process and requirement for creating and uploading SSL Certificates.
- Determine how to create SSL virtual servers.
- Determine which SSL deployment to use for a given environment.
- Determine which Citrix ADC configuration settings can prevent a given SSL Exploit.
|Securing the Citric ADC||7%||
- Determine how to utilize authentication, authorization, and auditing.
- Determine how to configure authentication and authorization on Citrix ADC.
- Determine the components and steps required to secure a Citrix ADC configuration.
- Determine how to utilize admin partitions in a given scenario.
- Determine how to resolve Citrix ADC log issues.
- Determine how to monitor the Citrix ADC environment with Simple Network Management Protocol data.
- Determine how to use AppFlow and Citrix Application Delivery Management features to troubleshoot an issue within Citrix ADC.
- Determine how to use the Citrix Application Delivery Management to troubleshoot a given issue.
- Determine which Citrix ADC troubleshooting tool to use to identify a given issue in an environment.
|Classic and Default Policies||13%||
- Determine how to use the Citrix ADC classic policy engine to create policies.
- Determine how to configure and utilize Citrix ADC content-filtering feature.
- Determine how to configure actions in policy expression evaluation.
- Determine which key attributes need to be included in policy binding based on given information.
- Determine how to create default policies with AppExpert.
- Determine how to use HTTP callouts and rate limiting in a given environment.
|Rewrite, Responder, and URL Transform||9%||
- Determine how to utilize the rewrite feature for a given environment.
- Determine how to utilize responder policies for a given environment.
- Determine how to use URL transformation in a given environment.
- Determine how to utilize pattern and data sets within a given environment.
- Determine how to utilize Content Switching components.
- Determine how to use Content Switching policies in a given environment.
- Determine how to integrate Content Switching with AAA and Citrix Gateway.
- Determine where to deploy the Citrix Secure Web Gateway in a given environment.
- Determine how to correctly implement and configure Citrix Secure Web Gateway in a given environment.
- Determine how rule precedence affects policies.
- Determine how to implement traffic compression in a Citrix ADC environment.
- Determine how to configure front end optimization to render the web browser more efficient.
|Global Server Load Balancing||9%||
- Determine how to deploy Domain Name System (DNS) to support GSLB in a given environment.
- Determine how to Implement GSLB in a Citrix ADC environment.
- Determine how to utilize Content Switching to implement GSLB.
- Determine how to use GSLB metric exchange protocol.
- Determine how to customize a GSLB configuration based on the needs of an environment.
Recommended Knowledge and Skills for 1Y0-240:
|- Basic Networking|
|- Windows and Linux Server administration|
|- TCP/IP, HTTP protocols and the OSI model|
|- Server load balancing and content switching concepts|
|- Web server software|
|- DNS, SSL and compression concepts|
|- Network security threats and site protection concepts|
Recommended Product Experience for 1Y0-240:
|- Getting Started with Citrix ADC|
|- Basic Networking|
|- Citrix ADC Platforms|
|- High Availability|
|- Load Balancing|
|- SSL Offload|
|- Securing the Citrix ADC|
|- Troubleshooting Citrix ADC|
|- Classic and Default Policies|
|- Rewrite, Responder, and URL Transform|
|- Content Switching|
|- Traffic Optimization|
|- Global Server Load Balancing|
|Type of Candidate||Time Limits*||Notes|
|Native English speakers||105 minutes|
Non-native English speakers that take the exam in countries where English is a foreign language
+30 minutes (time extension)
|Time extension granted automatically|
Non-native English speakers that take the exam in countries where English is NOT a foreign language
+30 minutes (time extension)
Must request time extension from Citrix.