The Citrix 1Y0-402 exam preparation guide is designed to provide candidates with necessary information about the CCE-V exam. It includes exam summary, sample questions, practice test, objectives and ways to interpret the exam objectives to enable candidates to assess the types of questions-answers that may be asked during the Citrix Certified Expert Virtualization (CCE-V) exam.
It is recommended for all the candidates to refer the 1Y0-402 objectives and sample questions provided in this preparation guide. The Citrix CCE-V certification is mainly targeted to the candidates who want to build their career in Virtualization domain and demonstrate their expertise. We suggest you to use practice exam listed in this cert guide to get used to with exam environment and identify the knowledge areas where you need more work prior to taking the actual Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.15 Assessment Design and Advanced Configurations exam.
Citrix 1Y0-402 Exam Summary:
|Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.15 Assessment Design and Advanced Configurations (CCE-V)|
|Exam Price||$300 USD|
|Number of Questions||70|
|Recommended Training / Books||CWS-415: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Assessment, Design and Advanced Configuration|
|Schedule Exam||PEARSON VUE|
|Sample Questions||Citrix 1Y0-402 Sample Questions|
|Recommended Practice||Citrix Certified Expert Virtualization (CCE-V) Practice Test|
Citrix CCE-V Syllabus:
|Design Methodology and Readiness Assessment||6%||
- Determine the design decisions that should be made based on given business drivers.
- Determine how to complete the user segmentation process for a given environment.
- Determine how to categorize applications based on a scenario.
- Assess a given environment to determine the capabilities of that environment.
|User Layer and Connectivity||8%||
- Determine the appropriate endpoint type and peripherals required for a given environment.
- Determine how to appropriately deploy Citrix Receiver based on a list of requirements.
- Determine the appropriate graphics protocol to implement in order to ensure network connectivity.
|Access Architecture and Store Design||8%||
- Determine valid types of assessment data necessary to design an Access Matrix in the given environment.
- Determine the appropriate settings and configurations to make when designing an access deployment strategy for NetScaler Gateway.
- Determine the architectural needs of an environment when designing StoreFront stores.
|Access Layer Scalability, Redundancy, and Security||6%||
- Determine access layer scalability for NetScaler and StoreFront in a given environment.
- Determine how to meet the security requirements for a given environment.
|Image Management Strategy and Design||11%||
- Determine which FlexCast model to assign for a given environment.
- Determine how to appropriately scale the infrastructure for VDAs in a given environment.
- Determine how to secure the Virtual Delivery Agents based on a scenario.
- Determine how to design the appropriate image provisioning strategy for a given environment.
|Application Delivery||3%||- Determine the appropriate delivery options for Application deployment based on the analysis of the given environment.|
- Determine the appropriate profile strategy to use in a given environment.
- Determine the appropriate policies to implement in a given environment.
- Determine the appropriate printing policies to implement to achieve specified printing behaviors.
|XenApp and XenDesktop Site and Administrative Design||10%||
- Determine the appropriate delivery method to recommend when designing a Site for a given environment.
- Determine the appropriate implementation for catalogs and delivery groups based on a given scenario.
- Determine the appropriate management and administration design based on given requirements.
- Determine the appropriate site design and baseline specifications to ensure performance and stability in the given environment.
- Determine the Control Layer security requirements and features necessary to secure a given environment.
|Physical Resource Design||16%||
- Determine the appropriate hardware or hypervisor to implement based on a given design.
- Determine the appropriate resource pool strategy for a given environment.
- Determine the appropriate hardware sizing based on a scenario.
- Determine the appropriate storage allocations to ensure optimization in a given environment.
- Determine the appropriate Datacenter configurations for network traffic in a given environment.
- Determine how to meet the security objectives and best practices for a given environment.
|High Availability and Multi Location Solutions||19%||
- Determine multi-location architecture requirements and business considerations in a given environment.
- Determine how to appropriately configure access in a multi-location solution.
- Determine the appropriate Image Management requirements in a given environment.
- Determine the requirements for profiles and data in a multi-location environment.
- Determine the appropriate strategy to support printing in a multi-location solution.
- Determine how to design a site and FMA zones to ensure users have continuous access to resources in a multi-location solution.
- Determine the considerations to make when designing an environment that consists of Active Directory or Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
|Disaster Recovery Planning and Design||5%||
- Determine the appropriate Disaster Recovery Strategy for a given environment.
- Determine how to recover a primary datacenter in the disaster recovery datacenter given a scenario.
Recommended Knowledge and Skills for CCE-V:
|Network operating systems||- Including security, implementation and administration|
|Citrix methodology and best practices for analysis and design|
|Core design principles|
|Installing Citrix technologies associated with desktop virtualization|
|Configuring Citrix technologies associated with desktop virtualization|
|Administering a desktop virtualization environment|
|Maintaining a desktop virtualization environment|
|Backing up components of a desktop virtualization environment|
|Updating a desktop virtualization environment|
|Monitoring a desktop virtualization environment|
Creating reports for trend analysis in environments that include a Citrix desktop virtualization solution
Troubleshooting environments that include a Citrix desktop virtualization solution
Recommended Product Experience for CCE-V:
|Citrix Virtualization technologies such as:||
- XenApp 7.15
- XenDesktop 7.15
- XenServer 7.2
- App Layering
- Provisioning Services 7.15
- StoreFront 3.13
- NetScaler 12
- Citrix Profile Management
|Third-party technologies such as:||
- Microsoft Active Directory Services
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Troubleshooting tools
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (ADDS)
- Microsoft Active Directory Certificate Authority (ADCA)
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Microsoft Distributed File System (DFS)
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Domain Name System (DNS)
|Type of Candidate||Time Limits*||Notes|
|Native English speakers||150 minutes|
Non-native English speakers that take the exam in countries where English is a foreign language
150 minutes + 30 minutes (time extension)
|Time extension granted automatically|
Non-native English speakers that take the exam in countries where English is NOT a foreign language
150 minutes + 30 minutes (time extension)
Must request time extension from Citrix.