The Citrix 1Y0-A26 exam preparation guide is designed to provide candidates with necessary information about the CCA - XenServer 6 exam. It includes exam summary, sample questions, practice test, objectives and ways to interpret the exam objectives to enable candidates to assess the types of questions-answers that may be asked during the Citrix Certified Administrator for XenServer 6 (CCA - XenServer 6) exam.
It is recommended for all the candidates to refer the 1Y0-A26 objectives and sample questions provided in this preparation guide. The Citrix CCA - XenServer 6 certification is mainly targeted to the candidates who want to build their career in Virtualization domain and demonstrate their expertise. We suggest you to use practice exam listed in this cert guide to get used to with exam environment and identify the knowledge areas where you need more work prior to taking the actual Citrix XenServer 6.0 Administration exam.
Citrix 1Y0-A26 Exam Summary:
|Citrix XenServer 6.0 Administration (CCA - XenServer 6)|
|Exam Price||$150 USD|
|Number of Questions||65|
|Recommended Training / Books||CXS-203: Citrix XenServer 6.0 Administration|
|Schedule Exam||PEARSON VUE|
|Sample Questions||Citrix 1Y0-A26 Sample Questions|
|Recommended Practice||Citrix Certified Administrator for XenServer 6 (CCA - XenServer 6) Practice Test|
Citrix CCA - XenServer 6 Syllabus:
|Installing and Implementing XenServer||6%||
- Given a scenario, establish how to configure options on the XenServer host so that it starts up from SAN.
- Given a scenario, determine how to configure a NIC for the management interface.
- Define how to configure/reconfigure DHCP OR hostname, IP, mask, Gateway and DNS based on a list of requirements for an environment.
- Given NTP server and time zone details, resolve how to configure/reconfigure NTP and time/time zone after the installation of XenServer.
|Managing and Maintaining Hosts||9%||
- Define which actions an administrator must take to apply updates (upgrades/patches) to XenServer Hosts.
- Given a scenario, establish how to shut down the XenServer Host without any loss of performance.
- Given a description of a situation, determine which actions an administrator must take to recover the host when high availability is enabled.
- Given a description or set of requirements, establish how to set email alerts at the pool-level as well as alerts at the host or virtual machine level.
- Given a scenario, define how to integrate XenServer into Active Directory.
- Given a description of an environment, define how to configure XenServer Role-based Access Control.
|Managing and Maintaining Virtual Machines and Templates||6%||
- Given a scenario in which a virtual machine must be copied using a particular method, establish the steps necessary to copy the virtual machine.
- Given a scenario, resolve how an administrator can use the import/export feature of XenServer.
- Determine the correct steps to take to create a virtual machine using the XenConvert Physical to Virtual (P2V) conversion or the XenConvert Virtual to Virtual (V2V) conversion of an existing server, based on a list of requirements.
- Control a virtual machine, including suspending, graceful, or forced shutdown and graceful or forced restart of a virtual machine.
|Configuring and Managing Resource Pools||20%||
- Given a scenario, determine which actions an administrator must take to add or remove a host to or from a resource pool using the CLI or GUI.
- Given a scenario, resolve how to complete pool master maintenance with high availability enabled.
- Given a scenario, either with high availability enabled or disabled, establish the steps needed to change the pool master.
- Based on a description of an environment, establish the steps to create a storage repository.
- Given a description of an environment, define how to configure storage repository for Intellicache.
- Given a scenario, determine how to configure DMP and MPP multipathing.
- Based on the needs of an environment, determine how to create a network and assign a vLAN to that network.
- Based on the needs of an environment, resolve how to create a crossserver private network.
- Based on a scenario, establish how to create a bond and configure the management interface in the bond.
- Based on the needs of an environment, decide when to segregate XenServer host management traffic from other management traffic, such as storage management, using separate physical switches or using separate VLANs.
- Given a scenario, determine when to utilize the rolling upgrade wizard.
|Installing and Configuring Provisioning Services||10%||
- Decide which PXE service options to select when installing Provisioning Services.
- Establish how to configure TFTP and bootstrap options for a given environment.
- Resolve how to configure the generic Stream server startup list for a given environment.
- Determine how to create a bootstrap disk when configuring virtual machine startup options.
- Determine how to configure DHCP options 66 and 67 when configuring VM boot options.
- Decide how to configure PXE when configuring VM boot options.
|Maintaining Provisioning Services||12%||
- Determine how to create or delete a machine account in Active Directory on the Provisioning Services server in a XenServer environment.
- Determine how to change the properties of the target device vDisk based on stated requirements.
- Determine which vDisk properties to change and which cache mode to use for a vDisk based on given requirements.
- Define how to update a vDisk based on a description of an environment and the needs of that environment.
- Decide when the vDisk image mode needs to be changed in a described environment.
- Conclude when to create an additional site(s), store(s), or device collection(s) based on a given scenario.
- Determine how to create a template based on a list of requirements.
- Establish how to configure and enable an offline database to back up the PVS database, based on a list of requirements.
|Configuring Advanced Features||14%||
- Determine when StorageLink is beneficial to a given environment based on a description of the environment.
- Establish when integrated disaster recovery is beneficial to a given environment based on a description of the environment.
- Conclude when to correctly set up access control list (ACL) policies on the vSwitch, based on a list of requirements.
- Determine when to correctly set up quality of service (QoS) policies on the vSwitch, based on a list of requirements.
- Decide when to enable and configure high availability based on the needs of a described environment.
- Define how to configure a virtual appliance to work with high availability, based on a description of an environment.
- Determine if a virtual machine can use dynamic memory control, given a description of the virtual machine and the environment it is in.
- Resolve how dynamic memory control needs to be configured to meet the needs of a described environment.
|Backing up and Restoring||9%||
- Decide how to configure a backup schedule for storage repository metadata, based on a given scenario.
- Establish the steps to take to backup a pool given a description of an environment
- Resolve when an offline backup of a virtual machine should be performed based on a given scenario.
- Resolve when an online backup of a virtual machine should be performed based on a given scenario.
- Determine how to restore a virtual machine based on a description or list of requirements.
- Given a description of a networking issue, determine how to resolve the issue.
- Given a description of a storage issue, find out how to resolve the issue.
- Given a description of an issue with the XenServer Host, find out the root cause of the issue.
- Given a description of an issue with a virtual machine, establish how to resolve the issue.
- Given a Provisioning Services issue, resolve the root cause of the issue.
Recommended Knowledge and Skills for CCA XenServer:
|Experience implementing, interfacing with, or managing storage infrastructures|
|Experience configuring network settings, including multiple NIC bonds for dedicated traffic|
|Knowledge of networking fundamentals including DNS, TCP/IP, VLAN and sub-netting|
|Experience managing and monitoring enterprise servers|
|Knowledge of enterprise server and client operating systems|
|Knowledge of basic Linux-based xe commands|
|In-depth knowledge of registry settings and ability to manipulate them|
|Experience with Application Packaging for an enterprise environment with a large number of servers|
|Knowledge of Storage Area Networks (SAN) storage solutions, including storage interfaces, such as Fibre Channel over Ethernet and iSCSI|
|3+ years of experience with Microsoft Windows 200X (expert level)|
|Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory|
Recommended Product Experience for CCA XenServer:
|Configuring XenServer 6.0 Enterprise Edition|
|Creating Virtual Machines|
|Working with Virtual Machines|
|Managing and Maintaining XenServer Hosts|
|Creating and Managing Storage|
|Working with Pools|
|Using the XenServer Command-Line Interface|
|Implementing High Availability and Virtual Machine Recovery|
|Working with work load balancing|
|Configuring Provisioning Services|
|Working with vDisks in Provisioning Services|
|Working with XenConvert in Provisioning Services|
|Working with Sites and device collections in Provisioning Services|
|Type of Candidate||Time Limit|
|Native English Speakers||90 minutes|
|Non-native English speakers who take exam in countries where English is a foreign language||90 minutes + 30 minute automatic time extension|
|Non-native English speakers who take exam in countries where English is NOT a foreign language||90 minutes + 30 minute extension upon request when registering over the phone or in person A $7 USD surcharge will be added to phone registrations.|