The VMware 1V0-21.20 exam preparation guide is designed to provide candidates with necessary information about the VCTA-DCV 2024 exam. It includes exam summary, sample questions, practice test, objectives and ways to interpret the exam objectives to enable candidates to assess the types of questions-answers that may be asked during the VMware Certified Technical Associate - Data Center Virtualization 2024 (VCTA-DCV 2024) exam.
It is recommended for all the candidates to refer the 1V0-21.20 objectives and sample questions provided in this preparation guide. The VMware Data Center Virtualization 2024 certification is mainly targeted to the candidates who want to build their career in Data Center Virtualization domain and demonstrate their expertise. We suggest you to use practice exam listed in this cert guide to get used to with exam environment and identify the knowledge areas where you need more work prior to taking the actual Associate VMware Data Center Virtualization exam.
VMware 1V0-21.20 Exam Summary:
|Associate VMware Data Center Virtualization (VCTA-DCV 2024)
|Number of Questions
|300 / 500
|Recommended Training / Books
|VMware Virtual Data Center - Core Technical Skills
|VMware 1V0-21.20 Sample Questions
|VMware Certified Technical Associate - Data Center Virtualization 2024 (VCTA-DCV 2024) Practice Test
VMware VCTA-DCV 2024 Syllabus:
|Architecture and Technologies
- Identify how physical resources are presented to multiple virtual machines.
- Identify how virtual resources can be shared across multiple virtual machines.
- Identify examples of type 1 and type 2 hypervisors.
- Identify business challenges addressed by vSphere.
- Identify the components of a vSphere environment.
- Identify vSphere virtual networking components and types.
- Identify the characteristics of storage access protocols for vSphere.
- Identify the characteristics of vSphere storage technologies.
- Identify the purposes of different virtual machine files.
- Identify the types of OS that can run on virtual machines.
- Identify use cases for virtual machine snapshots, cloning and templates.
- Identify the functionality of the vSphere vMotion and storage vMotion technology.
- Identify the use cases of vSphere vMotion and storage vMotion technology.
- Identify the characteristics of vSphere High Availability and Fault Tolerance.
- Identify use cases of High Availability and Disaster Recovery.
- Identify the functionality of VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS).
- Given a DRS score, identify the meaning.
- Identify the use cases for Enhanced vMotion Compatibility (EVC).
|Products and Solutions
|Planning and Designing
|Installing, Configuring, and Setup
- Identify Virtual Switch configuration options.
- Identify how to configure different types of datastores.
- Identify how to configure vSphere HA.
- Identify how to configure vSphere DRS.
- Identify how to configure EVC.
|Performance-tuning, Optimization, and Upgrades
|Troubleshooting and Repairing
|Administrative and Operational Task
- Identify how to create and manage VM snapshots.
- Identify how to manage VM templates and clones.
- Identify the considerations when provisioning a VM.
- Identify the options that can be performed on different inventory objects.
- Identify the concepts of role-based user management.
- Identify virtual networking issues that impact vSphere.
- Identify virtual storage issues that impact vSphere.
- Identify the purpose of monitoring alarms, tasks and events.
- Identify how to monitor vSphere Cluster and SDRS Cluster.
- Identify how to perform and monitor vMotion, Storage vMotion, and Cold migrations.
- Given a vSphere environment, identify how to use performance charts to monitor the environment.
- Identify the purpose for VMware Tools.